On 1 September 2020, Van Bael & Bellis opened its London office after receiving regulatory approval from the Solicitors Regulation Authority of England and Wales. Located at 5 Chancery Lane, our office focuses on international trade and customs law, UK and EU competition and state aid law, foreign direct investment screening, public international law and investment treaty arbitration.
As a result of the UK’s exit from the EU, companies and government entities involved in trade disputes and/or major competition cases will no longer deal exclusively with the European Commission. The UK authorities will carry out parallel and independent investigations under their own rules. Van Bael & Bellis’ exceptional reputation in the areas of international trade and competition law will enable our clients to successfully navigate both EU and UK proceedings and filings.
In addition, our significant experience in international dispute resolution (IDR) as well as public international law matters, means that we are exceedingly well placed to assist clients with their international disputes as London continues to gain prominence as a major centre for IDR and arbitration.
Our London office brings a wealth of experience to the UK market from across our key practice areas.
- We deal with a broad range of competition work (including merger control, cartels and horizontal agreements, abuse of dominance, damages actions, sector enquiries and state aid) that regularly sees us involved in headline-making mandates.
- We have been involved in many of the most notable and precedent-creating cases in the EU competition field.
- We are the European firm that has handled the largest number of EU and WTO trade cases with an unparalleled success rate for challenging trade defence measures before the EU courts.
- We have a robust practice assisting both EU and non-EU exporters involved in trade remedy cases initiated by non-EU countries.
- Our partners have been involved in some of the largest and most notable investment arbitration cases of recent years.
- We have deep experience in conducting commercial arbitration proceedings under the rules of the major arbitral institutions including the ICC, LCIA, SCC and in the major centres for arbitration.
- We offer clients a combination of experience in EU law, WTO law, public international law and investment treaty arbitration that is rare among UK and Brussels-based law firms.
Highly integrated teams
Van Bael & Bellis’ teams are decidedly collaborative and work across borders to seamlessly provide the highest standard of care to our clients. The London office works closely with our highly specialised lawyers, from more than 20 different nationalities and jurisdictions, across our Geneva and Brussels offices.
Get in touch
Please fill out the form below along with your query and someone from the team will get back to you. Alternatively you can email [email protected]
Van Bael & Bellis (London) LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC431476. It is a law firm authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. A list of the names of the members of Van Bael & Bellis (London) LLP and their professional qualifications is open to inspection at its registered office, 5 Chancery Lane, London EC4A 1BL and such persons are either solicitors or registered foreign lawyers.
SRA number: 80 14 40
VAT number: GB347.026.411