Katharina Bongs focuses on EU and German competition law and EU trade law.
EU Competition Law
Katharina represents clients in German and EU cartel and merger control cases. She acts before the European Commission, the EU Court of Justice and in national competition proceedings. She has experience advising in cartel defence cases, including leniency and settlement proceedings. Furthermore, she assists clients on how to structure their agreements to ensure competition law compliance and organises customised EU and German competition law compliance programmes. She deals with cases in a range of sectors, including intellectual property, industrial products, waste management and recycling.
Trade & Customs Law
German, English, French, Spanish
- Who's Who Legal - Competition (Future Leaders)
- College of Europe, Bruges, Master of European Legal Studies, 2007
- Higher Regional Court of Cologne, Second State Examination in Law, 2006
- University of Bonn, First State Examination in Law, 2002
- University of Salamanca, Spain, Erasmus Programme, 1998/1999
- University of Trier, Diploma in International Law Studies in Anglo-American and French Law, 1999
Contributor to Van Bael & Bellis, Competition Law of the European Community (fifth edition, Kluwer, 2010 and upcoming sixth edition).
Regular contributor to the monthly competition law newsletter, VBB on Competition Law.
Katharina Bongs was a Graduate Assistant to Prof. Dr. Wagner at the Institute of Civil Procedural Law of the University of Bonn where she was involved in an international research project and the annotation of the “Münchener Kommentar” on tort law.
- Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht e.V.
- EFA – Europäisches Forum für Aussenwirtschaft, Verbrauchssteuern und Zoll e.V. (European Forum for External Trade, Excise and Customs)
- Aussenwirtschaftsrunde e.V.