Fabrizio Di Gianni
Fabrizio Di Gianni practises EU and international trade law and EU as well as Italian competition law. He also assists clients on other aspects of EU law, including free movement of goods and regulatory law, with a particular focus on the car industry.
EU and International Trade Law
Fabrizio regularly assists clients in major EU anti-dumping and anti-subsidy cases as well as safeguard investigations. He also has a wealth of experience assisting clients involved in investigations initiated by third countries worldwide.
His expertise extends to trade-related matters involving the WTO, marks of origin, export controls and customs investigations before the European Commission and Member State customs authorities. He assists a wide range of clients, including governments, industry associations, companies, producers and importers. His activities focus on representing the interests of clients’ at all stages of the proceedings before the investigating authorities as well as litigating before the competent jurisdictional bodies.
EU and Italian Competition Law
Fabrizio advises clients on matters involving EU and Italian competition law. His range of experience includes cartel investigations as well as mergers and acquisitions. In the area of State aid, he assists clients in Commission investigations in which he has acted as counsel for complainants and alleged beneficiaries as well as public authorities suspected of having granted State aid.
Fabrizio also regularly represents clients before the European Commission and the EU Court of Justice as well as the Italian Antitrust Authority and the Italian Civil and Administrative Courts (TAR and Consiglio di Stato).
He regularly speaks at conferences and seminars on competition law and trade law matters.
Italian, English, French, Spanish
- Chambers Global and Chambers Europe – ‘Leaders In Their Field’ (International Trade/WTO)
- Chambers Global – ‘Foreign Expert’ (Competition/European Law)
- International Who’s Who of Trade and Customs Lawyers
- Expert Guides – Guide to the World’s Leading Competition and Antitrust Lawyers
- Expert Guides – Guide to the World’s Leading Trade and Customs Lawyers
- Legal 500 for Customs, Trade, WTO and Anti-dumping
- Legal 500 for Competition Law
- Best Lawyers – Trade Law
- Georgetown University, Washington DC, Master of Common Law Studies, Thomas Bradbury Chetwood, S.J. Prize, 1995
- College of Europe, Bruges, Post-graduate studies in EC law, 1989
- University of Naples Federico II, Bachelor of Law, magna cum laude, 1987
Contributor to Il Diritto della Concorrenza nella Comunità Europea, Van Bael & Bellis (2009).
Contributor to Van Bael & Bellis, EU Anti-Dumping and Other Trade Defence Instruments (fifth edition, Kluwer, 2011), the standard work of reference in the field of EU trade law.
Supreme Court of Italy