He represents clients before the European Commission, the EU Courts and in national competition law proceedings.
- Chambers Global and Chambers Europe for Competition Law
- Chambers Global and Chambers Europe – ‘Leaders In Their Field’ (Competition/European Law)
- International Who’s Who of Competition Lawyers and Economists
- Legal 500 for Competition Law (Leading Individual)
- Expert Guides – Guide to the World's Leading Competition and Antitrust Lawyers
- Best Lawyers – Competition/Antitrust Law
- College of Europe, Bruges, Diploma in European Law, 1990
- College of Law, London, 1986/1987
- Merton College, Oxford University, M.A., 1985
Coordinating contributor to Van Bael & Bellis, Competition Law of the European Union, Kluwer (upcoming sixth edition), a standard work of reference in the field of EU competition law.
Solicitor, England & Wales
Representing Boeing before the European Commission in its merger with McDonnell Douglas in one of the most highly politicised and contentious reviews of transatlantic mergers.
Representing Daesang in securing a substantial reduction of its fine in the European Commission’s amino acids cartel proceedings, further reduced on appeal before the EU General Court.
Representing Canon in defeating an attempt by EFIM to obtain access to Canon’s ink-jet patents by alleging exclusionary conduct on the part of Canon and its competitors before the European Commission.
Representing SABIC in securing EU merger control approval for its acquisition of the global plastics business of GE.