Aldo Scalini’s practice focuses on competition and trade law.
EU and Italian Competition Law
Aldo regularly represents clients in antitrust investigations opened by the European Commission and the Italian Competition Authority. His experience includes advising on antitrust compliance programs, distribution and licensing agreements.
He has strong expertise in the field of state aid, where he has assisted public bodies and companies in the aviation, infrastructure, tax and maritime transport sectors.
EU and international Trade Law
Aldo represents companies, industry associations and governments in trade defence investigations (anti-dumping, anti-subsidy, anti-circumvention and safeguards) in the EU and other jurisdictions.
He also advises clients on a wide range of EU customs related matters, including tariff classification, origin issues and export controls, and assists public bodies and individuals targeted by EU sanctions.
Aldo has represented public bodies, companies and individuals in numerous cases before the EU Courts and the Italian Courts.
Italian, English, French
- Chambers Global – ‘Foreign Expert’ (Competition/European Law)
- University of Naples ‘Federico II’, Ph.D., 2010
- University of Naples ‘Federico II’, Laurea in Giurisprudenza (J.D.), magna cum laude, 2006
- University of California, Berkeley, Visiting Student, 2006
- Aiuti di stato e società di calcio in difficoltà: i recenti casi “Valencia football clubs” e “Dutch football clubs”, Rivista di Diritto ed Economia dello Sport, Vol. XII(3), 2016.
- Prossimità geografica e autosufficienza regionale nella gestione dei rifiuti in una recente sentenza della Corte di giustizia (C- 297/08), awarded the “Andrea Cafiero” Prize (Naples Bar), 2010.
Aldo Scalini lectured in international law and international trade law at the University of Naples “Federico II” (2010-2011). He also served as a teaching assistant for the course of international law at the same University (2006-2009).