VBB on Competition Law, Volume 2022, No. 3
The March 2022 issue of our newsletter, VBB on Competition Law, which covers major developments in competition law at the European Union, UK and Member State levels.
Among others, the developments we cover in this issue include:
- The new ECN competition law guidance and new State aid crisis framework addressing the impact of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine
- The European Commission’s draft revisions to the Horizontal Block Exemption Regulations and Guidelines
- A new judgment by the EU Court of Justice holding that companies active in a market affected by a merger have increased scope to intervene in appeals of the merger clearance decision
- New judgments clarifying that the EU’s ne bis in idem principle provides only limited protection against “double jeopardy” following investigations of the same conduct by sectoral regulators and competition authorities, or by competition authorities in multiple Member States
- The collapse of the Siltronic/GlobalWafers deal following failure to obtain FDI clearance prior to the long-stop date