Caroline has over 25 years of experience in the field of corporate M&A, with a focus on domestic or cross-border public and private M&A, Private equity, corporate venture capital, joint ventures, and equity capital market.
Caroline gained experience in a broad range of sectors, including pharmaceutical, technology and energy, where she handled several strategic, high-profile and complex transactions. Caroline is also very active in disputes that arise in her areas of practice.
Caroline regularly advises companies in their acquisitions, disposals, restructurings and in their joint venture agreements in Sub-Saharan Africa. She regularly provides advice to companies in relation to OHADA law on corporate M&A related matters.
Caroline Daout has written and co-authored a number of publications in the fields of mergers and acquisitions and business law. She regularly participates in conferences as speaker on various topics relating to M&A and Private Equity and lectures on several aspects of corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, and IPO transactions.
Prior to joining Van Bael & Bellis, Caroline worked for 20 years in a leading international law firm where she was a partner and head of the Belgium office’s corporate M&A practice group.
- Harvard Business School, Executive leadership, 2011
- University of Louvain, Master of Laws, 1992
- Belgique, droit des sociétés, Francis Lefebvre, Paris, 2016
- Governance in public limited liability companies, 2021 (Article)
- Lexology, Reform of the Belgian Companies Code, 2019 (Article)
- Corporate law: How to navigate through the COVID-19 crisis as a director, 2020 (Article)
- Member of the Belgian Venture Capital & Private Equity Association
- Member of Women in Law
- Member of the International Bar Association