Barbara Monti focuses on EU competition law and French competition law.
Her practice includes advising clients in EU and multi-jurisdictional merger proceedings, in antitrust and abuse of dominance investigations and the implementation of compliance programmes.
She has particular experience in the technology, internet, consumer brands and energy sectors, including advising retail companies on matters related to pricing, data access, interoperability and advertising.
Barbara’s merger control experience spans several sectors, including the automotive sector, finance, chemicals, consumer products and basic industries.
Prior to joining Van Bael & Bellis, Barbara gained several years of experience working as a French and EU competition law associate in the Brussels office of a leading international law firm and in the Paris office of France’s largest business law firm. Previously, Barbara also gained valuable competition and EU law experience working as an intern in the Brussels and Paris offices of leading firms in the private sector.
- King’s College London, Post-Graduate Diploma in Economics for Competition Law, 2018
- University of Versailles Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, LL.M. in Competition and Contract Law, 2014
- University of Panthéon-Sorbonne Paris 1, Master’s degree of International Business Law, 2013
- University of Aix-Marseille III, B.A., 2012
- University of Maastricht, Exchange under Erasmus programme